**Please Note: General Admission entry for children 12 and under is free when accompanied by a paying adult.
We are once again pleased to offer formal classes for kids aged 5 to 12, ranging from beginner levels through to advanced. In order to make these classes a fun and safe environment, we do have some rules and caveats:
1) All participants must be fully potty-trained and confident enough to participate in a class on their own.
2) All tools and materials are included in the fee. Each class will send participants home with an edible product such as cookies, cupcakes, and various kinds of icing. Substitutions for alternative dietary requirements cannot be made. Please read course descriptions carefully to determine if the products are right for your child/family.
3) Parents/caregivers will not be permitted to stay in the room but are required to stay on the show grounds and leave a phone number where they can be reached. The only exception is for the Dragons class where adults can also purchase tickets (each child and adult must purchase their own ticket).
4) All participants are required to behave appropriately in class. Any inappropriate behavior disrupting other students will result in the disruptor being immediately removed from the class and the parent/caregiver called to pick them up. No refunds will be given.
5) It is requested that all participants arrive on time ready to begin and with clean hands. Classes may have waiting lists and if a student is late, their place may be taken by someone on the waiting list. No refunds will be given except in dire, documented circumstances at the show's discretion.
6) Please read course descriptions carefully and talk to your child to ensure it is something they wish to do and - for the more advanced classes - they feel able to do. These classes are for kids who are serious about learning cake decorating skills; they are NOT a babysitting service.
7) Please do not bring other food and drink into the classroom as it can cause distractions and mess. No lunches/snacks will be permitted during the class. Students will be instructed to wait for parent/caregiver approval before eating their creations.
8) These classes are not a licensed care facility. Caregivers are expected to discuss pickup/meeting options with their children in advance. If a child is not picked up on time at the end of class or wishes to leave class early, and we cannot reach a caregiver, they will be taken to the Capital Confectioners booth to wait.
Thank you for your interest in our Mini-Classes. At this time our online class registration is closed. Classes can still be reserved at the show if space is still available.